Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pasta with Chicken, Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Tomato Sauce

So after my big personal success last week, I was feeling confident about my ability to go with the flow in the kitchen. I was going out of town for the weekend, so before I left, I decided to use some of the ingredients I had sitting around the house. It was a gigantic, enormous success! If I do say so, I am very proud of myself! Not only was this dish amazing, but I made it up! You should definitely try it.

Pasta with lots of nummies
  • 1 box of pasta, around 14 ounces
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes, 14 ounces
  • about 12 ounces of tomato sauce
  • 1 box of frozen artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 cup of white wine
  • 15-20 kalamata olives, sliced in half
  • 1/2-1 onion, chopped
  • a few cloves of garlic, diced
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1.5-2 chicken breasts
I started by cooking the chopped chicken breast in olive oil until the pieces were browned and cooked through. I then removed the chicken to a plate and heated up the other tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.




I then added the onion and cooked for a minute or two before adding the artichoke hearts. I continued to cook the onion until it was just slightly browned. Oh, and about this time I started cooking the pasta.




I then added the garlic and cooked for about 30 seconds before adding the white wine. I then let the whole mix simmer for a few minutes in the wine.






I then added the tomatoes, sauce, olives, and chicken and let the whole thing simmer for another 5-10 minutes.







I then served the sauce over the pasta and boy was it delicious!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!