Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lightened Up Mac and Cheese

This was one of the easiest recipes I have discussed so far, especially because most of the ingredients are always in my pantry. And it was absolutely fabulous. I actually got it from one of my favorite blogs, here is the recipe: http://brokeassgourmet.com/articles/lightened-up-mac-and-cheese


First, I brought a pot of water to boil and added the pasta. 








Then, while the pasta was boiling, I chopped the half onion and garlic, heated up some olive oil in a pot, and added the onion and garlic. 







After the onion and garlic had cooked for a few minutes, I added two tablespoons of flour, which turned the mix into a paste like consistency...actually almost like cookie dough. 





Meanwhile, the pasta was almost done, so I added the broccoli to the boiling water when the pasta still had about a minute left to go. After a minute, I drained both. 






Back to the sauce! I slowly added the cup of non-fat milk while, whisking the mix the entire time over medium heat. 








Then I slowly added the Mozzarella and the Parmesan, also whisking the entire time. 








Once the cheese was completely blended, I returned the pasta and broccoli to the big pot. I added the cheese, turned the heat on low, put a dash of salt and pepper in, and combined.






Then I poured all of pasta mix into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Finally, I sprinkled some Parmesan on top of the pan.







I then put the pan in the oven at 375 for 15 minutes until the cheese was crispy on top and it was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!