Saturday, June 11, 2011

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

If you haven't noticed, I like cupcakes. A lot. Actually, I just love cake of all kinds, and what's more convenient that a little individual cake! Therefore, I believe, I can never try enough cupcake recipes. And since I have a huge work event tomorrow, I have a perfect excuse.

The result? AMAZING. This recipe is definitely my favorite cake to date. I don't know if the frosting is my favorite, I think I'd prefer a cream cheese frosting, but the texture of this one is incredible.

Classic Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
From 500 Chocolate Delights
-3 eggs
-¾ cup superfine sugar
-1 ½ cups self-rising flour
-3/4 cups unsalted butter
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup powdered sugar
-3 tbsp. Dutch process cocoa powder
-1 tbsp. milk
-sprinkles to decorate
First, I combined the eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla and 3/4 cup butter in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, I beat the mix for a few minutes until the batter is nice and smooth. I then spooned batter into the cupcake liners. The recipe made 16 cupcakes, so if I wanted to make more, I would put less batter in each liner because these puppies rise!

I baked the first tray, which was more full, for 18 minutes at 350 degrees and the second tray for 15. I then cooled the cupcakes on a cooling rack.






For the frosting, I whipped together the other butter, milk, cocoa powder and powdered sugar. I then put the frosting in a bag. As you can see, Mr. Winston was quite interested in the frosting.





I cut a corner off of the bag and piped frosting on to each cupcake. I then topped the frosting with a little pile of sprinkles. I love how colorful and fun they are! I think the sprinkles totally make the cupcake.




Final product! So delicious!










No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!