Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken Fricassee

Remember when I told you about my awesome new little recipe book from my friend? (See post here). I tried another recipe last night and it was a big hit...again!

Chicken Fricassee
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2-1 onion (depending on the size)
  • 1/2 of a green pepper
  • few shakes of garlic salt
  • chicken tenders (I used about 6, you want about 2 chicken breasts)
  • 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 2 bottles of beer (any kind is fine)
  • potatoes (peeled and cut into large chunks)- I think I used about 8 medium size yellow potatoes, I will probably use a few less next time
  • green olives, as many as you want
I started by chopping up the onion and green pepper. (Actually, I peeled the potatoes first, cause it takes me FOREVER to peel potatoes if they are small). I then cooked the pepper and onion for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.



Then, I cut up the chicken tenders into thirds (because my were really large and I wanted them to cook evenly). I then added the chicken to the pot and cooked for about five minutes, or until the chicken was cooked through.




Next, I added the tomato sauce, the beer and the olives and cooked for another five minutes. I used the large green olives stuffed with pimento. Note: next time I will definitely slice up the olives first. Some bites had a little too much olive and some bites needed a small slice of olive.


After five minutes, I added the potatoes and brought the whole thing to a boil. I then covered the pot, reduced the heat to a good simmer and let the pot cook for 30 minutes.





While the potato and chicken mix was simmering, I cooked some quinoa to serve under the fricassee and boiled some corn to serve on the side. Yay for the first corn of the season!!!! I then served the fricassee over the quinoa with the corn on a separate side plate. It was delicious. Bf added a little pepper and I added a little salt and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!