Sunday, June 12, 2011

Apple Chicken Quesadillas

I find Mexican food to be extremely tricky. With the exception of guacamole, I can never get it right. Somehow it always lacks the flavor and punch of the dishes I order in a restaurant. But with this dinner, I have broken my streak of unbearably average Mexican food! These quesadillas are amazing! Seriously, they couldn't be easier and both me and bf were shocked by how incredible they were. He even made the leftovers for lunch the next day. That's right. He turned on the oven and made them. That's a pretty impressive statement about the quality of these suckers. So everyone, try them and then thank Kristin for writing about them on her blog.

Apple Chicken Quesadillas
Adapted from Delightful Country Cookin' 
2 medium tart apples, sliced and cut into pieces
1 cup or more diced cooked chicken breast
1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1 cup shredded cheddar (or more)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 t. salt
8 8-inch wheat tortillas

I started by mixing together all of the fruit, veggies and cheese.







Then bf helped by cutting up the chicken and cooking the pieces in a skillet until they are cooked through. I then added the chicken to the big bowl and mixed everything together.





Next, I laid out the tortillas and spooned some of the mix into each tortilla and then sprinkled a little more cheese onto the mix.






Then I folded over the tortilla and secured each one with a toothpick. We made five and baked them for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then flipped them over and baked for another 8-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the tortillas. We saved the rest of the mix in the bowl and bf made them the next day.

When the tortillas were all crunch and the cheese was nice and melty, we scarfed these puppies down. A word of warning: these quesadillas don't really lend themselves to eating with your hands. I definitely needed a fork and knife, but other than that, they were perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!